11.15.2011

throw up

Well, it finally happened.

It's inevitable, I suppose.

I hope it never happens again.

We had hit the last 10 minutes of school mark. One of my students came to me and asked if he could call his mom because he wasn't feeling well. Of course I was thinking, "there's only 10 minutes left, can't you just wait?" But considering his pale face, I decided I better let him call.

After he had talked to his mom, he hung up the phone and took two steps forward. I looked up just in time to see vibrant colors spewing from his lips and on to the tile (thank goodness!). The kids were shocked and I was trying to hold my lunch in. Not to be totally graphic or anything, but this throw up had zero digestion. In and out. He ate lots of carrots and ground beef.

The kids that sat right next to the tile were completely grossed out and moved away. One girl had her coat hanging on her chair and got redesigned with some carrot chunk on the sleeves. A couple of the chairs also got some carrot chunk designs. The sink also got a good covering in carrot and ground beef.

I frantically call down to the office only to get an answering machine. I try again and talk to the secretary. She told me she would get a hold of the custodian to take care of it. Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but it took the custodian an excruciating 15 minutes to come. The poor guy came right in and poured something equally nasty and smelly on top of the throw up. Then he scooped it up and sanitized everything.

My stomach is feeling queasy. I wonder how many students will be absent tomorrow.

It finally happened.

It's inevitable, I suppose.

I hope it never happens again.

1 comment:

Ashley! said...

Ha! I can only imagine your reaction. Classic.