11.16.2008
The Great Debate
Alright so here's the deal, 1:00 church, great or not-so-great? My initial response is yes, of course! But when further examined, I think I have to change my mind. A typical Sunday morning at Liberty Square (yes, the location is pertinent to the story) includes a lot of wasted time. When I was little, there was always a big deal made about being clean for church on Sunday and I still kind of have that notion (if not a full blown shower, clean shaven legs at least!) Anyway, if you get up past 10 and want to shower you might as well forget the shower. It is FREEZING cold! Although I have to admit, it is fun watching the reactions of my roommates whenever they get stuck with the freezing water. So...at this point I am up and dressed for church with hours until it even starts. Another problem I have with 1:00 church, Sunday is synonymous with nap. When am I supposed to take a Sunday nap when I don't get out of church until 4? I suppose I could take a nap right after church, but that's usually when the VT's or HT's want to come over and then my wonderful friend Ginger always provides a Sunday dinner at 5:30. So nap is out of the question. So there you have it...a typical Sunday at Liberty Square. All in favor of church not being at 1:00, say I...I!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You forgot to mention our sweet dance parties AND our wonderful instant messages : D
I think 10 would be the perfect time. let's petition to have the wards we are in start at 10 and you should petition to have sacrament meeting first.
i support 10am church. i feel like i get out too late
btw, the bolding and font size change etc all make me chuckle
Post a Comment