3.02.2010

It's been a while...

The number one thing on my mind right now is that I'm starting the practicum tomorrow! For those of you who have no clue what that is, it's basically a ridiculous word meaning that I will be in an actual classroom with actual students for the rest of March. All of my classes at BYU are on hold (minus my stupid math class) for the whole month. It will be really nice to have a break from school for a little bit, and I am excited about that. I just hope the practicum won't be so terrible that I miss school...
This, for example, is not ideal.
Anyway, I actually think it will be a lot of fun. I am going to be in a first grade class at Westside Elementary in Springville. I got to meet the principal and my facilitator over a nice lunch at Brick Oven last Friday. They were both really nice and made me feel a lot more comfortable about going out to the school. I'm sure I will have great stories to share over the next month, I hope I will have time to document them all.

In other [stupid] news, I currently look like your worst nightmare. I was making enchiladas last week, dipping the tortillas in the boiling hot shortening to soften them, when I noticed I was about to run out of shortening. So naturally, I got a spoonful of more shortening to put in my pan. When the shortening wasn't coming off the spoon I had the brilliant idea to bang it on the side of the pan. Long story short, piping hot shortening grease comes flying out of the pan, lands in lovely splotches all over my hand, I am dancing around in pain, and my hand was like a little heater for the rest of the night. I now have lovely burn scabs on my hand :)

In other [exciting] news, Sean got a calling on Sunday! We are finally full fledged members of a ward....after 6 months....I am super excited for his new calling. He got called to be a Sunday School teacher for the 12 and 13 year olds. I got called to support Sean in his calling, which means I get to go sit in there with him when he teaches. I cannot wait to learn the gospel via Sean Tanner, especially when it's directed at 12 and 13 year olds. So much for getting bored in Sunday School! Oh, one other exciting thing having to do with church...on Sunday, I got my 3rd new visiting teaching assignment in about 4 months. This time my partner is a girl that is my age, which will be fun. Well, that is it for now. Wish me luck in the practicum!

1 comment:

alison said...

YAY practicum. YAY jaimie updating her blog! Boo Jaimie burning her hand. Love ya!