7.26.2009
i love sundays
I will be the first to admit that BYU singles wards can be extremely ridiculous, and that I really haven't enjoyed any of the wards I have been in since I came to BYU. So after moving into a new apartment once winter semester was over, I was expecting my ward to be the same as usual and perhaps even harder to enjoy since church is held at the testing center at 8:30 in the morning, but I love my ward. Everyone has been so genuine and sincere and the spirit is always so strong. I realize that enjoying church and feeling the spirit has a lot to do with my own attitude, but something about this ward has made that so much easier for me. I think when I was younger I enjoyed church because I always had lots of friends in the ward and got to be in the same classes with them and talk, but I actually look forward to going to church now because I need that spiritual upliftment that comes from partaking of the sacrament and having lessons about the gospel every week. It really is the best way to look back on the past week and figure out how I can be better and draw nearer to my Savior. I love it. I love how I feel after church and the renewed desire I feel to become better. I love the gospel, it's great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You took the words right out of my mouth! I am just looking forward to when I can listen to lessons uninterrupted! (kids) :-) We can't wait to see you soon!
girl, i feel the exact same way about that ward. seriously. i don't know what it is, but for some reason i always feel like i learn so much more when i'm in that ward. hmmm.
ps. you updating your blog twice in like one week has pretty much made my life. :) can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment