BANE OF MY EXISTENCE! Whoever thought 12-15 page research papers were a good idea? I am currently trying to put together some solid research for my paper, but this is not going so well.
#1 reason why this is lame.
My professor had us write up proposals for our research papers. The basic idea behind this was to see what exactly we were going to write about and make sure we were on the right track. [by the way, this class is for the elementary education major, so our papers have to do with education in some aspect] So, I waited until the very last minute to write mine up and was pretty proud of what I came up with. I chose to research the impacts of recess on classroom learning and I actually really like my topic. I guess I should say I was pretty proud of what I came up with.
A couple days after I turned in my proposal, he handed them back to us graded and what not. I flip through and see lots and lots of mark ups all over my paper, then I turn to the last page and see a big 80 staring me in the face with some other comments from my professor. Here is a part of what he said, "As a proposal-there's a good general idea and feeling, but not any real solid details, quotes, data that gives the reader a sense the promise of the proposal will be fulfilled. That said, I'm sure you'll do fine on the paper. Good luck" Are you serious?? I get shut down and then he wishes me luck. Oh dear...I'm in trouble...
#2 reason why this is lame.
The BYU online library thing is ridiculous. All of the good articles can't even be found online, which makes me unhappy because I am lazy and would just like to be able to do this research from the comfort of my own apartment. Sit on the couch in my pj's and slippers and just relax, but no! Instead, I have to go to the actual library and try to find the article I want somewhere in the abyss which is the Harold B. Lee Library. I figure that if I really have to do this lame reserach paper I should at least be able to be as comfortable as possible throughout the experience. The library is just not comfortable.
Alright, I am done complaining. It's really not that bad, I really do like my topic and it's interesting to me. I just need to suck it up and get to work! Okay, back to work...wish me luck!
3.17.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
bahahaha. matt jack pretty much said the exact same thing on mine. well, hey thanks for giving us legit instructions! NOT.
also, if you want a buddy, i will accompany you into the deep, dark interior of the hbll.
boo for this paper
it is crap
i don't understand how me not having any details/quotes/sources was ok and for you guys it wasn't
that man is nuts.
see you guys there (very shortly)
also, let's talk about how he didn't show up for class this morning. that's complete crap. i am mad.
this paper sounds bogus. feel free to inform me of your plans to travel to harold's house so i can accompany you and thoroughly distract you from your studies.
and the desk boys like it when you play damsel in distress. trust me, i know these things...
Post a Comment