3.27.2009

Who even likes surprises?

I have a problem. My birthday is in exactly 11 days from now. The big 2-0! It should be fun, but here is the problem...Sean has been telling me for a month now that he already has my birthday festivities planned. That sneaky little devil, it's not fair! I remember the week before his birthday a couple weeks ago I was SOO stressed trying to figure out what I was going to do for his birthday. It was his first one back after the mish and I wanted to make it fun and exciting for him. It was while I was trying to get it all planned that he broke the news to me that he already had mine all planned out. LAME. Well not lame, but not only does that make me look bad, more annoyingly it got me all excited and really had my interest peaked. I don't like secrets especially when they are about me! I just can't stand not knowing and having to wait. I'm a little impatient, what are you going to do about it?

Flash forward to yesterday afternoon. Location: the wilk, terrace to be more specific. Me and Sean were talking and somehow my birthday came up. Then I had a bright idea, I was going to trick Sean into telling me his plans for my birthday. I said, "Sean, I think you need to tell me what you have planned for my birthday because I have some plans of my own and I don't want to mess up what you already have planned" He looked at me like, really?, and thought I was just messing with him. I assured him that I really did have some plans up my sleeve and I think he started to believe me. Only problem: he said that was fine and our plans wouldn't get in the way of each other's. Blast! He got me, so I admitted defeat and told him I really didn't have plans. He then proceeded to get a smug grin on his face and laugh at my feeble attempt to get it out of him.

Now jump to this morning. Location: my lovely apartment. Ginger texts me and asks what I want to eat for my special birthday dinner. Sean was standing right there and said, "Ugh she texts you back and not me?" I got a little confused because I hadn't been texting Ginger before, so I asked if Ginger had asked him what he wanted for dinner. He said no and I asked what they had been texting about and that is when Sean got all sketchy again. He told me they were all plotting against me and had secret plans that I can't know about. According to Sean, everyone is in on these secret plans now. LAME! I don't think I can wait 11 days to finally be let in on all the fun.

4 comments:

ginger said...

i love when your blog has my name in it

Sean and Jaimie said...

haha i feel like that happens quite often

Rachel said...

you're going to sammy's. there...i've ruined your surprise.

Katelyn Michael said...

It involves me - my Israeli Belly Dancing costume - and a large cake. WOULD YOU LIKE THAT ; D